The ultrasonic welding is used to join plastic elements (together with the insert of metallic materials). This is possible thanks to a vibration embossed to the two elements (with a frequence higher than 16 Khz) so that parts will be merged together.
The best materials to apply this technology are PC, PS, SAN, ABS e PMMA.
The ultrasonic welding guarantees a precise and defined fusion in the junction area.
Some advantages in using the ultrasonic welding
- Few seconds to welding
- Hermetic seal guarantee at high pressure; perfect aesthetic
- Precise and defined fusion
- Instant use of welding elements (different from other technologies where glues and solvents are needed)
- It can be used with a wide range of plastic materials
- Stable planting of metal inserts on plastic elements